Saturday, April 2, 2011

Spring/Easter Wreath






Using some new items (wreath form, silk daisies and speckled eggs) and some items from my stash (yarn, hot glue and quilt batting), I made a new wreath for my front door.

I have a big problem with wreaths in my front door in the spring.

BIRDS!

They make a nest on anything twiggy or viney. Which is why I chose the flat form that I did.

Here are the raw materials and tools:
  • Wooden wreath form (18 inches diameter)
  • Quilt batting
  • Yarn (light green chunky weight and orange worsted weight)
  • Orange and white silk daisies
  • Specked eggs (natural colors
  • Low-melt glue gun



Directions:
  • Wrap a long strip of quilt batting lightly around the form. Secure with low-melt glue gun.
  • Wrap the green chunky weight yarn around the quilt batting and the form. Secure with glue.
  • Wrap the orange yarn over the green yarn.
  • Attach flowers and eggs with glue.
  • Hang and enjoy!


I'm linking to a link party at Serenity Now's blog:

Weekend Bloggy Reading

3 comments:

Amanda @ Serenity Now said...

What a lovely wreath!! I really like the color scheme. :) A great way to greet your guests!

Thanks for joining my Weekend Bloggy Reading party. :) Hope you'll visit me at Serenity Now again soon! :)

Erin said...

I adore this.

Nicole @ the style hatch said...

Hi! Thanks for stopping by my blog. The kitchen cabinet color is SW Peppercorn. All the other kitchen information can be found here, http://www.thislittlemomma.com/2011/12/kitchen.html

Thanks again,
Nicole